Thursday, May 12, 2011

Return to Village Life

And now that I have finally posted all the vacation pictures... I can do some updating about getting back to the village. Ahh.. back to the familiar road to our house. It was lots of fun to meet and catch up with all the people from the village when I got back.


Before I left, I was talking about doing the planting with the start of the rains.. well...it's full fledged rainy season now! It's actually not so bad, it is still mostly sunny during the day, then at about 3 or 4 in the afternoon it rains really heavily for about an hour. Really really heavily, like, we sometimes have to take shelter in a random house along the road if you get caught in it!



Look who else was here to greet me! Maximus!! Rose has been taking good care of you, look how much you have grown. This is his newest hobby, sitting by the door of the Jiko while Rose waits for the coals to light to cook dinner on. It drives her crazy, they really have a love-hate relationship.. hilarious!



Look what I saw on the way to school! I love Africa, you never know what you might run into.


No comments:

Post a Comment