Saturday, April 2, 2011

A little Travel

Hey Everyone, I'm currently doing a little bit of travelling around, hense the lack of updates. Right now I am in Zanzibar! It is a beautiful place. White sand beaches, old narrow streets in stone town.... lots of fun. Before coming here, we stopped in a place called Naivasha in Kenya. It was amazing. We were actually able to rent bikes and go into Hell's Gate National Park. That's right, it was pretty much a bike safari. We saw zebras, giraffes, warthogs.... no lions though. Probably for the best, the bikes weren't really that great, so I don't think I could out bike them. Once we were in the part, we hired a Masaai guide to take us for a hike into the gorge. It was beautiful. I took ALOT of pictures. I'll have to post them later though, the internet here isn't really fast enough. We were staying in a campground by the lake..and that night while we were eating dinner, there were about 6 hippos which came out of the lake near where we were! Don't worry there were electric fences between us and the lake with the hippos, it was pretty neat to see them out of the water though. We were originally planning a big overland trip, but have sinced changed direction a little bit. Getting around here is a little more difficult that we thought, and in the time frame we have, we would be spending all our time on buses. And the buses are NOT comfortable...trust me, bumpiest ride ever! So.... we decided to fly to cape town and spend a little more time hanging there. I'm pretty excited for this plan. There are so many day trips and things to do there that I think we will easily be able to amuse ourselves for a week. It is too bad that I'll miss out on Mozambique, but, you can't see everything I guess. Anyways...I have to get going. It is really hot here, and there is a cold beer at a beachside bar calling my name. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment