Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 1

Arrived!

After a super long flight, I arrived in Kenya!
Thankfully, everything worked out perfectly when I arrived. The driver was there to pick me up and I got to the hostel/camp without a hitch.
The camp turned out to be really nice! They didn't have any dorm rooms left when I booked, so I ended up staying in a tent. Best decision ever! The tents are set up in the garden and I got my own little tent. There are flush toilets and showers here, so I feel like this is a good way to ease into my Kenyan experience.
Fortunately, I was able to sleep quite well on the plane......unfortunately, that meant I was pretty awake upon arrival last night. My new headlamp proved to be most useful as I stayed up and read for quite a few hours.

This morning, Amanda, the director of the organization I'm volunteering with is going to meet me at the camp. Right now, I am enjoying the warm weather in the garden with a book and waiting.......

No comments:

Post a Comment