Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pictures!!!

As promised, here are some pictures of my new home!

This is the outside of it. I sit in that chair to read sometimes.



This is Rose, she is doing the cooking and cleaning. She is very sweet and I am teaching her to play cards. This is a pic of the kitchen, she is preparing dinner, not exactly what we are used to!


Here is my bed! Next door to the kitchen...hehe.


Here is the toilet. This part takes a little getting used to....but it's really not that bad!


I know you all want to see this, the inside of the toilet.


and....the inside of the shower.



Enjoy! I shall write a more detailed message about some of my work tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Seems like quite an adventure.. all the best!

    - Rahul

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the temperature like there being on the equator and all?

    It's been below -20 every single day this week in YYC and it's not getting any warmer any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite the mud hut and mud toilet. Your leg muscles are going to get toned with all the bathroom squating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stace, looking forward to living an adventurous life through your eyes... Enjoy every moment....Keep us folks from russell posted...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The key is to remember to check the water level in the can when you first enter the bathroom (or do you need to bring the can with you?) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only advantages I see to these amenities is you won't have to spend a single Saturday morning cleaning the bathroom or the shower....!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In response to Bryan....I'm actually not 100% sure what the temperature is! The mud hut stays pretty cool during the day, so it;s a nice place to escape to in the afternoon. It gets pretty hot if you are walking around in the sun during the day though. I pretty much wear skirts everyday cause it's too hot for jeans or anything like that. And yes.....it is a challenge to ride a motorbike in a skirt! I actually have a pretty bad burn on my leg from the exhaust to prove my gracefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another quick question, who is juneybug54!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I go for breakfast every sunday with your parents--your mom gave me your blog--

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh.. I know who it is now! All I saw before was junebug54! I'm glad you are enjoying the blog, thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete