Friday, January 21, 2011

School Pictures

I have finally gotten to posting some pictures of the school! I've had to compress the photos so that I can load them, so hopefully they are still okay for viewing.

So, this is Tumaini Academy, the main building of the school is cemented. It holds the office, standard 1, standard 2 and standard 3 classrooms.



There are actually 6 classes at Tumaini, there are 3 pre-school classes, the pre-school classes are in the mud buildings shown here.




And lastly, there is another mud building that holds the kitchen. The kitchen also has a door on it, so all the school supplies from the three classes behind have to be put in the kitchen every night.



I think I'm going to be late for dinner tonight since it took me a little longer than I thought to post these pictures....I will have to save the story telling for next time. I do have lots of stories to tell though!
I am going to go for an overnight trip to a nearby town with one of the teachers tomorrow, so I'm hoping to do another blog update on Sunday maybe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment